Note: *This lesson should be preceded by or taught concurrently with the History and Production of Biodiesel lesson.
Standard 7: Students will recognize the historical, social, cultural, and potential applications of biotechnology.
- Benchmark 7.2: Investigate current and future application of biotechnology in agriculture.
Nebraska AFNR Environmental Science:
Standard 4: Students will differentiate non-renewable and renewable energy sources.
- Benchmark 4.3: Predict and present future energy use based on population growth.
- Benchmark 4.4: Determine alternative sources available for use.
- The student will understand the different material options for biodiesel production.
- The student will understand the past, current, and future uses of biodiesel.
- The student will understand and describe the different market segments for biodiesel in the U.S. and worldwide.