- What steps are required for extracting DNA out from the inside of cells?
- Can we extract DNA from plant tissues and soil?
- What can scientists do with extracted DNA?
- Attempt to separate DNA from plant tissue
- Attempt to separate DNA from soil, a never-living material
- Describe the appearance of DNA separated from the cell
- Relate the location of DNA within a cell to the procedures for extracting it
Related NE Science Standards:
Life Science – Heredity SC12.3.2 Students will describe the molecular basis of reproduction and heredity −− SC12.3.2.b Describe the basic structure of DNA and its function in genetic inheritance
Anticipated Length: 90 Minutes
Download DNA Extraction Lab (pdf)