Standard 9: Students will demonstrate competence in knowledge of the food science industry.
- Benchmark 9.1: Evaluate how different foods affect the human body and its physical and cellular processes.
Nebraska Science Standards:
- SC12.3.1.a: Students will... Identify the complex molecules that make up living organisms.
- SC12.3.3: Students will describe, on a molecular level, the cycling of matter and the flow of energy between organisms and their environment.
- The student will understand the nutrient breakdown of soybeans and the necessity of essential amino acids.
- The student will compare and contrast different types of protein sources and their ability to be used in the human body.
- The student will create a complete meal plan that uses soybeans as a protein source.