- Standard 3: Students will recognize the historical, social, cultural, and potential applications of biotechnology.
- Benchmark 7.1: Define “biotechnology” and explore the historical impat it has had on agriculture.
Nebraska AFNR Environmental Science:
- Standard 4: Students will differentiate non-renewable and renewable energy sources.
- Benchmark 4.1: Classify energy sources as non-renewable and renewable.
- Performance Indicator 4.1.1: Brainstorming energy sources
- Performance Indicator 4.1.2: Describe how the energy sources are formed
- The student will understand the history of biodiesel production with relation to U.S. and global events.
- The student will understand the biodiesel cycle.
- The student will understand the challenges and opportunities within biodiesel production.
Biodiesel History & Production Lesson Plan (PDF)